Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing Consumer dispute/ effect on Fico score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Removing Consumer dispute/ effect on Fico score

I have a consumer disputes remark on my current mortgage. It was never resolved but has been current for 2 years.  I know that I need to remove it to apply for new mortgage. My question is, how ill this effect my scores? Scared that it will effect it negatively.  Also, my mortgage does not show up on Experian which is my highest score.  If I add it, along with the lates it had at one point- what will that do to score? Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Removing Consumer dispute/ effect on Fico score

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a consumer disputes remark on my current mortgage. It was never resolved but has been current for 2 years.  I know that I need to remove it to apply for new mortgage. My question is, how ill this effect my scores? Scared that it will effect it negatively.  Also, my mortgage does not show up on Experian which is my highest score.  If I add it, along with the lates it had at one point- what will that do to score? Thank you in advance.

If it's just a remark there shouldn't be any change in your scores; 2 years ago any scoring factors resulting from the dispute should be long since removed.  

It's difficult to get a lender to report a tradeline after it stops reporting to a given bureau; I'd let sleeping dogs lie if your EX score is your highest and the mortgage line isn't on there.

        
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.