cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing a judgement that should have never been filed - HELP!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Removing a judgement that should have never been filed - HELP!

myhearts07 wrote:
So was mine.  Same month and year.  They said they filed it before my lawyer went to the court, they had the automatic stay notification whethere he had filed or not.  They knew that they couldn't do that.  Threatened to take them to court over it, their attny called and said that their was nothing they could do about it and then I read another post and copied what she did and bam it was gone.

I may get off a bit easier.

Just today, I got in the mail a notice from the court that the judgement was vacated.

Would sending that to the CRA's get it removed?
Message 21 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh yeah... Fax it to them so they can get that off pronto!!!  YAYYYYYYYYYYY!!!
Message 22 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

myhearts07 wrote:
Oh yeah... Fax it to them so they can get that off pronto!!!  YAYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

Just did that.

I also found that Experian has "verified" the account that was in the BK as a tradeline as a chargeoff, which is incorrect - it's reporting as a chargeoff all the way through today.  It was in the BK and should be indicated as such.

Jerks.
Message 23 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just make sure they have those bk papers showing it as discharged and they should remove it.
Message 24 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Joe77,
I am having the exact same problem, right down to the useless lawyer (who told me that trying to remove every error in a credit report was like telling the sun not to shine. Whatever that means). He had no interest in the fact that the creditor broke the law and my public record is about more than just my credit report...urgh!

Forgive me if this was answered, but how exactly was this matter resolved for you? Was it the creditor having the judgement vacated or the letter to the court? I would be forever grateful for your reply.
Thanks
Message 25 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

The good:

Got the judgement off all three bureaus
Paid down a bit of credit card debt

The bad:

Even with one less judgement, and 82% util compared to 98% before...TU stayed THE SAME at 578...and EQ only went up from 590 to 597.  Does it take a while for the FICO score to be "recalculated?"  That doesn't seem right.
Message 26 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good!!  It must take some time because I have not seen a score increase since my judgement came off, nor from the 7 deletes between dh and I that we got the beginning of this month.  Must take 30 days or something.  I don't know, could be wrong.
Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.