Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing an AU question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Removing an AU question

I removed my DH as an authorized user on my cap 1 acct because I have 4 lates in 2008 and we need his score to go up to get a mortage loan. I just checked my Score report on myfico.com and they only changed the status to terminated. I thought that they remove the entire TL from his report? They did for experian, whats going on? What do I do?
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Removing an AU question

So I read other threads, and if you were an AU on an account, and then you were removed as an AU, it shouldn't be on your credit report as soon as they update. I just don't know what to do now since they didn't remove it.
Message 2 of 13
jackg
Established Contributor

sgress,

My wife had a WAMU acct.& I was an AU on it to get the credit limit added to my total, however, she started not paying it in full each month & that was hurting my utilization so I paid it in full and removed myself as an AU. That was about a year ago and today that acct. only shows on my EQ file, and the credit limit is still used for my total credit available.

FICO scores on November 17, 2014 (prior to applying for and being approved my mortgage)

EX=738
EQ=735
TU=754

FICO scores on March 4, 2015 after being approved for mortgage and buying the home, the mortgage isn't yet reporting.
EX- 689 EQ- 739 TU- 739
Message 3 of 13
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I would call Cap One and ask them to stop reporting it. If you haven't got time for them to do this next billing cycle, he should dispute the account with the CRA's as "not mine." I hate poking a sleeping bear by disputing with the bureaus, but that might be what you have to do in this case.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 13
rom828
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I removed my DH as an authorized user on my cap 1 acct because I have 4 lates in 2008 and we need his score to go up to get a mortage loan. I just checked my Score report on myfico.com and they only changed the status to terminated. I thought that they remove the entire TL from his report? They did for experian, whats going on? What do I do?

We had similar issue with Discover.  In January, DH removed me as AU to help utilization.  TU deleted TL completely but EQ and EX still show it albeit "account relationship terminated" and '0' balance.  And  EQ/FICO counts this TL in my age of accounts (acct was opened in 07-09).

I questioned with Discover and was advised the TL would  show on report with accurate info  up to the date of my deletion as AU, and that TL would not be removed. 

I tried disputing with both EX and EX as "not mine" and got back the disputes as "info stands".  Smiley Mad

Just today deleted DH as AU on my Discover (again for utilization since I have a balance now) so it'll be interesting to see if they handle this the same way.

Did not have a lick of problem deleting me from DH's Citi and BoA card; TLs were removed just after statements cut.

Interesting that EX deleted your TL entirely......and TU is the one that deleted mine. 

I wish I did have a solution for you......and for myselfSmiley Happy!

Maybe some others will chime in with advices!!

FICOS: TU 732(05-16-16) EQ '08 739( 05-16-16) EX 737 (08-17-16)
Message 5 of 13
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

rom 828, so the Discover TL still shows on two of your reports, with a $0 balance? When is it supposed to go away, 10 years after you came off as AU, or ten years after your DH closes the card? It doesn't ever report new balances, does it?

I'm curious, because I'm an AU on my husband's card, and I'm getting ready to take myself off of it, after getting tired of making sure that it was paid, etc. But in my case, it's helpful, because it's so old. I have to say, I wouldn't mind a bit having it continue to report!

With my luck, though, Discover will call in to the CRA's that very day and have it removed from my reports. Smiley Very Happy
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 13
rom828
Established Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
rom 828, so the Discover TL still shows on two of your reports, with a $0 balance? When is it supposed to go away, 10 years after you came off as AU, or ten years after your DH closes the card? It doesn't ever report new balances, does it?

I'm curious, because I'm an AU on my husband's card, and I'm getting ready to take myself off of it, after getting tired of making sure that it was paid, etc. But in my case, it's helpful, because it's so old. I have to say, I wouldn't mind a bit having it continue to report!

With my luck, though, Discover will call in to the CRA's that very day and have it removed from my reports. Smiley Very Happy

Yep.....it's a TL on EX and EQ with 0 balance and the remark "acct relationship terminated".....but it's still used for AAoA calculation and "accounts opened in past year".  DH deleted me as AU in January, but it took til about April (after disputes) for the balance to be reported as 0.

And I have no idea when it will delete!!  Maybe never, since it's not shown as closed and there doesnt appear to be any 'date' to go by.....it may just stay on forever!!Smiley Mad

I'm going to see how Discover handles removing DH from my card, and if it's done the same way I think I'll go back to them with a little more "fight" about the reporting.  While I realize AU reporting can often be of benefit, it just doesnt seem right that the TL still reports when the AU relationship terminates, since the AU did not apply for the card, etc but is just an 'authorized buyer".

In your case, though, I can see that having it continue to report would be beneficial, so for your sake, I hope that's what happensSmiley Happy

FICOS: TU 732(05-16-16) EQ '08 739( 05-16-16) EX 737 (08-17-16)
Message 7 of 13
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

This is interesting, because AmEx does the same thing. I put DH and DD#2 on my Gold card and later removed them. The lines still report, which is annoying as it was a new card. On top of which, someone started using the account number, and AmEx replaced the card, so DH and DD now each have two closed AmEx accounts on their reports, lowering their AAoA.

AmEx wants me to buy Experian reports for each of them, saying that they need a credit report number to fix this. What a load of hogwash. I have to pay $30 to get them to stop reporting an AU account?? Smiley Mad
Message 8 of 13
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
This is interesting, because AmEx does the same thing. I put DH and DD#2 on my Gold card and later removed them. The lines still report, which is annoying as it was a new card. On top of which, someone started using the account number, and AmEx replaced the card, so DH and DD now each have two closed AmEx accounts on their reports, lowering their AAoA.

AmEx wants me to buy Experian reports for each of them, saying that they need a credit report number to fix this. What a load of hogwash. I have to pay $30 to get them to stop reporting an AU account?? Smiley Mad

Do it for free. I mean with all the AA going around surely they had to have been victimized a little. Denied.

Message 9 of 13
smallfry
Senior Contributor

My daughter wanted me to remove her as AU on a few cards. I did one on the phone and two online. TU deleted overnite EX in 2 days EQ now over a week 3 emails stating they got the dispute but still nothing. Ironic they carpet bomb my EQ report yet take their time deleting AU accounts. 
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.