Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rental on CR?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rental on CR?

I just noticed that on my experian cr that I retrieved from my discover card credit score tracker. It shows an old apartment rental history from back in 05-06... It only shows on my experian cr, not my TU or EQ... found this interesting since I did not think this stuff was usually reported... Anyone else have rental history on their CR? What is also interesting is that I looked at an older CR I pulled from annualcreditreport.com back in 10/2010 and this account was not listed on that CR. I only rented for 6 months and it shows 6 months or satisfactory payment history.

Account Name:EDC/CAMBRIDGE PARTNERS
Account #:XXXXXXXXXX
Payment Status:Paid satisfactorily
Account Type:Rental
Balance: 
Past Due: 

Date Open:8/1/2005
Account Status:Closed
High Balance: 

Credit Limit: 
Monthly Payment: 
Terms:6 Months
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Re: Rental on CR?

I have read that more and more property management companies are starting to report credit rentals.

In your case, they just updated it to include it.  It should help you if you rent in the future.

Be wary of renting from a new place though....ask them if they report on your credit report.  Several posters have been shocked to find that their entire lease terms (say a 12 monthly lease at 2k a month) was showing up on their credit report as 24k original due, monthly payment of 2k, balance 22k.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.