K-1
New Visitor
K-1

Replacing a Lost or Stolen Credit Card and its Impact on my FICO Score - “Length of History”

Recently, I lost or had stolen one of my credit cards. I called credit card customer service and had that card cancelled and a new one sent to me. What is the impact to my FICO score - “length of history” for this account? In other words, do the years start over or do I continue with the number of years I had on the card that was lost or stolen?

Thank you

Moderator Emeritus
Brammy

Some companies will report the new card history from the...

Some companies will report the new card history from the beginning of the lost card history.  In my experience, it has always looked like I opened a new account with the lost/stolen notation in the comments.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+