Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repull of credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Repull of credit

If I had my fico score pulled at the end of May  (May29) --and I was one point behind for the qualifying score I needed (719 opposed to 720)--if I  repull my credit now that we are in June is there a chance my score has now increased to 720?  Is it worth a try or should I just leave it be so I don't have another inquiry on my report.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Repull of credit

It won't hurt to try. You'll never get dinged for a hard inquiry if you pull your report. You'll get hit with a soft inquiry, but that has zero impact on your score or how lenders view you.

All of your accounts turned one month older today. There's always the chance you hit an anniversary or that your AAoA increased. Also, if you have any baddies at 7 yrs, they would likely go away on the first.
Message 2 of 3
brother7
Established Contributor

Re: Repull of credit

If you pull your own score, it gets reported as a soft inquiry, not a hard inquiry, and therefore won't affect any lender's decision.  The scores that you pull from this site are true FICO scores and will be soft inquiries.

If you're mortgage lender pulls the score for you, that IS recorded as a hard inquiry.  If I were you, I'd spend the money to pull the score from myFICO first, to check if you reached the magical 720 threshold.

Just my 2 cents. 

04/01/2020 - EX 849 (Credit Scorecard EX FICO® Score 8, range 300-850)
02/20/2020 - TU 850 (Discover TU FICO® Score 8, range 300-850)
03/24/2020 - EQ 884 (Citi EQ FICO® Bankcard Score 8, range 250-900)
GOAL - 800! - App free since 11/22/2017
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.