cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requesting a Lower Interest Rate -- IT WORKS!

tag
FICOnater2007
New Contributor

Requesting a Lower Interest Rate -- IT WORKS!

Last week on TV I caught part of the show called "The Millionaire Inside" which featured a panel including "Rich Dad" Robert Kiyosaki.  Normally I don't watch CNBC but this was a good show.

One of the speakers suggested that people call their credit card company and request them to lower your interest rate.  He said do this a minimum of SEVEN TIMES and ask for a manager if the person answering the call won't do it. 

Well...IT WORKS!  I called American Express regarding my business account and asked them to lower the interest rate.  In fact they agreed to it with *very* little prodding.  Essentially they said they would do it since I have been a cardholder for almost 10 years.  Okay...sure...whatever helps them sleep at night...I was just happy that it worked.

In any event, it is down to 14.9% from about 30.25%!  Like many cards out there, if you have even ONE late payment the small print says they can jump your rate -- it happened to me. 

Good luck to all,

FICOnater2007

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Requesting a Lower Interest Rate -- IT WORKS!

FICOnater2007 wrote:
Last week on TV I caught part of the show called "The Millionaire Inside" which featured a panel including "Rich Dad" Robert Kiyosaki.  Normally I don't watch CNBC but this was a good show.

One of the speakers suggested that people call their credit card company and request them to lower your interest rate.  He said do this a minimum of SEVEN TIMES and ask for a manager if the person answering the call won't do it. 

Well...IT WORKS!  I called American Express regarding my business account and asked them to lower the interest rate.  In fact they agreed to it with *very* little prodding.  Essentially they said they would do it since I have been a cardholder for almost 10 years.  Okay...sure...whatever helps them sleep at night...I was just happy that it worked.

In any event, it is down to 14.9% from about 30.25%!  Like many cards out there, if you have even ONE late payment the small print says they can jump your rate -- it happened to me. 

Good luck to all,

FICOnater2007

Good for you! I like hearing folks do this. I have been known to be a real bulldog with CCCs with APRs and CLIs and it almost always works. Good job!
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Requesting a Lower Interest Rate -- IT WORKS!

WTG! Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.