Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resurrecting Old Sears Account

tag
JJF
Contributor

Resurrecting Old Sears Account

I played gypsy for several years moving every 6 to 8 months due to work.  I was careful to make sure the address changes were current for all my MC/VISA cards.  However, I "lost" contact with Sears.  Several years ago I asked at a Sears store to check the status of my old card.   I was told that it was closed because mail had been returned to sender.  I was upset and refused to buy my tires at Sears and I left.

To much time has probably elapsed, but I was wondering what high happen if i re-applied for a Sears card.

It was my first credit card that I got while i was still in college.  Any chance i might get Sears to report the original account age on a new card?

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JJF
Contributor

Re: Resurrecting Old Sears Account

Called Sears/Citibank and no luck.  My old account number and my social security number were not in their system.  Any Sears card would begin with a new age and new history.  I declined to apply for a new card.
Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Highly unlikely. Always worth a try, though.

Sears is handled through Citi, and even though my card makes me want to spit nails at times, their CSR's are great.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 3
JJF
Contributor

Called Sears/Citibank and no luck.  My old account number and my social security number were not in their system.  Any Sears card would begin with a new age and new history.  I declined to apply for a new card.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.