Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retail Trade Account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Retail Trade Account

Hello, I am new to this community so please forgive me if this is an obvious question.  Can someone please define a Retail Trade Account for me, I received an alert on a Retail Trade Account, and I can't quite figure it out.  Is it a non Visa/MC credit card?  Maybe a furniture store account?

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Retail Trade Account

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello, I am new to this community so please forgive me if this is an obvious question.  Can someone please define a Retail Trade Account for me, I received an alert on a Retail Trade Account, and I can't quite figure it out.  Is it a non Visa/MC credit card?  Maybe a furniture store account?

Thanks

Yup, or a store card or similar potentially.  I assume this was on Transunion?  They count them seperately for all that they appear to be scored identically from a revolving utilization perspective in one lump sum calculation.

        
Message 2 of 6
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

Just to clarify, AMEX and Discover aren't retail cards. At least I have never seen them classified as such.

Interestingly, TU offers credit based insurance scores (CBIS). I don't think the other two CRAs have such a product.

Could this influence how TU tweaks Fico relative to the other two CRAs?

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 3 of 6
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Thomas_Thumb wrote:

Just to clarify, AMEX and Discover aren't retail cards. At least I have never seen them classified as such.

Interestingly, TU offers credit based insurance scores (CBIS). I don't think the other two CRAs have such a product.

Could this influence how TU tweaks Fico relative to the other two CRAs?

Hrm, I think that's unlikely as their insurance models are utterly seperate from FICO if I recall their matrix correctly.

I doubt there's any correlation between the two: the insurance models are developed in house, and there's likely restrictions as to how much they can modify FICO and still call it FICO.

At least for my file TU/EX seem to be pretty similar, EQ is the odd one out in how it handles revolving utilization on my file (number of revolving tradelines with balance), also on cashnocredit's file IIRC (with his Amex).

        
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Revelate, TT.  Can you guys clarify what the status is of co-branded cards?

I.e. a card that is issued by a store (e.g. a Best Buy card or a Home Depot card) but also has the logo of a major CC on it (for these purposes Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Discover).

Is such a card ever considered a retail account when insurance companies are counting the number of such accounts?  I know that the insurance models penalize you for having store cards (as opposed to say a Chase Freedom Visa, a Citi Doublecash Mastercard, etc.) but I have never been clear whether cards that are somehow both major and store at the same time are ever classified as retail.

It doesn't affect me since all my cards are pure major CC's, but I have always been curious.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.