cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Review of Credit Account History - it this normal/legal?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Review of Credit Account History - it this normal/legal?

Hi again -

Upon review of my credit report, I see an instance of a GEMB/Lowes "Revolving Charge Account Closed"  with payment status "Credit card lost or stolen".  The open date on this account is listed as 12/1/2001.

Right below this entry, I see another entry for GEMB/LOWES "Revolving Charge Account Open" with the status of "Open".  The open date on this account is listed as 12/1/2001 (same as previous).

HERE IS MY QUESTION:
While being a regular LOWES store card holder (since 12/1/2001), a few months ago I received correspondence from the company stating that my store card was being replaced with a LOWES Visa card (card was included in the mailing) and that I did not need to take any further action.  I contacted LOWES to inquire about why this was done and that I refused to use the new VISA and I wanted nothing changed with my account.

Would this be a reason why an account would show closed on my credit report?  Why would they include a separate entry on the credit report for the same "Open Data"?  Is this normal, or should I contact LOWES and try to have this corrected?  Would it have any effect on my FICA score? 

Thanks,

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Review of Credit Account History - it this normal/legal?

Not necessarily youngster. I have the exact same thing popping up on my CR regarding my J.C. Penny card, which is also handled by GEMb. On my CR there are 2 line entries as yours: Closed, lost/stolen, then another line giving me correct credit history. But I've totally unaware of having it converted to a Visa card on such a change of events. I'll defer to the one's that know THAT answer
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.