FICOYoungster

Review of Credit Account History - it this normal/legal?

Hi again -

Upon review of my credit report, I see an instance of a GEMB/Lowes "Revolving Charge Account Closed"  with payment status "Credit card lost or stolen".  The open date on this account is listed as 12/1/2001.

Right below this entry, I see another entry for GEMB/LOWES "Revolving Charge Account Open" with the status of "Open".  The open date on this account is listed as 12/1/2001 (same as previous).

HERE IS MY QUESTION:
While being a regular LOWES store card holder (since 12/1/2001), a few months ago I received correspondence from the company stating that my store card was being replaced with a LOWES Visa card (card was included in the mailing) and that I did not need to take any further action.  I contacted LOWES to inquire about why this was done and that I refused to use the new VISA and I wanted nothing changed with my account.

Would this be a reason why an account would show closed on my credit report?  Why would they include a separate entry on the credit report for the same "Open Data"?  Is this normal, or should I contact LOWES and try to have this corrected?  Would it have any effect on my FICA score? 

Thanks,

Senior Contributor
Sylviatob

Re: Review of Credit Account History - it this normal/legal?

Not necessarily youngster. I have the exact same thing popping up on my CR regarding my J.C. Penny card, which is also handled by GEMb. On my CR there are 2 line entries as yours: Closed, lost/stolen, then another line giving me correct credit history. But I've totally unaware of having it converted to a Visa card on such a change of events. I'll defer to the one's that know THAT answer
"Never ever, ever be late. Never" (FUTR)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}