Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Riddle me this...

tag
currentlywinning
Frequent Contributor

Riddle me this...

If I am closer to 850 than I am to 300 on the FICO highway by over 100pts...WHY AM I STILL CONSIDERED HIGH RISK?!

Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming....
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

Re: Riddle me this...

Liz Weston has written that "The bell-shaped curve of FICO scores, where most people are massed in the middle, flattened a bit in 2008-09 as financial setbacks pushed many people down from the middle range (FICOs of 600 to 749) to the lowest range (300 to 499)."

Message 2 of 12
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Return riddle me this:
Are most U.S. consumers overextended on credit?

Message 3 of 12
currentlywinning
Frequent Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

Return riddle me this:

I cant speak for anyone else, but I for one am NOT. Never had a CC, an auto loan, or even a store card! I am a sad, sad excuse for 30. It really seems true that having no credit is WORSE than having bad credit. I just want a chance!!!!!

Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming....
Message 4 of 12
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

Return riddle me this:

I am happy to report that I am not one who is.  I am always at less than 1%, but more often than not at zero.

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 5 of 12
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

I'm not sure how overextended is defined in this context, but almost half of Americans have more credit card debt than emergency savings. If you regularly carry over a balance to the following billing cycle, I suppose you are overextended.

Message 6 of 12
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

For the last 3 years my util has been at 0%, it wasn't until I found this forum, that I'll let it get to 9%.

But I'm High Risk; can't get approved for anything other than what I already have.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 7 of 12
currentlywinning
Frequent Contributor

@Repo-ed wrote:

For the last 3 years my util has been at 0%, it wasn't until I found this forum, that I'll let it get to 9%.

But I'm High Risk; can't get approved for anything other than what I already have.

@Repo-ed wrote:

@Repo-ed wrote:

I cant catch a break either...BUT ONE DAY!

Message 8 of 12
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@currentlywinning wrote:

@RobertEG wrote:

Return riddle me this:

I cant speak for anyone else, but I for one am NOT. Never had a CC, an auto loan, or even a store card! I am a sad, sad excuse for 30. It really seems true that having no credit is WORSE than having bad credit. I just want a chance!!!!!

Hey you have me beat by six years (going on 37 here before I finally jumped on my shoulders enough times)... it's a despairing point to be in as I can attest but time just needs to pass with positive tradelines.  Fortunately the sins of my youth in this case won't haunt me forever, it just seems like that emotionally sometimes.

        
Message 9 of 12
currentlywinning
Frequent Contributor

Not all hope is lost for any of us, but MY GOODNESS! How does one get started if no one is willing to extend any credit? Im actually going to my CU today and have them tell me no to my face. Its harder than telling someone no via email. Well, at least I HOPE it is...Smiley Indifferent

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.