Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCORE JUMP JOURNEY

tag
ch8ngeurstars
New Contributor

SCORE JUMP JOURNEY

Hi everyone,

I have been working on building my credit for a few years now. I paid off all collections a couple years back and now I finally paid off all my credit cards from 98% utilization. My FICO sugested that paying $189 a month on my overall balances would increase my score to 688 in two years. Like most people I didn't  want to wait that long so I paid them off at once with the exception of the highest one. The highest card had a balnce of $3,150.00. I paid it down to $752.00. I did this all a weeek ago and today I got an alert from Myfico shopwing a change to my experian report. So I logged on and my score jumped 46 points just from one of the cards repsorting that I paid off. It went from 562 to 608. I could not be happeir because I'm thinking it going to go up quite a bit more once the other two card repor thier balance change. So I started this discussion to get people excited about paying off their credit cards but also to show others how many points my scores jump by paying off my cards. 46 certainly is a great start! Feel free to share your stories!

Starting Score: 549

Current Scores:

Goal Score:

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: SCORE JUMP JOURNEY

That's awesome dude! I'm in a similar boat, 630 to 669 from paying one card! can't wait till the others kick in Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats and keep at it. Wish you luck on your rebuild.
Message 3 of 7
ch8ngeurstars
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

That's awesome dude! I'm in a similar boat, 630 to 669 from paying one card! can't wait till the others kick in Smiley Very Happy

Sweet! Yeah, I'm trying to be patient but its hard. It's a great feeling when your score goes up. I'll definitely be posting here when my scores jump more.

Current Scores:

Goal Score:

Message 4 of 7
ch8ngeurstars
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats and keep at it. Wish you luck on your rebuild.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Current Scores:

Goal Score:

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is that your only account?  If so, you need more if you want a big score jump.

Message 6 of 7
ch8ngeurstars
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Is that your only account?  If so, you need more if you want a big score jump.

No, I'm actually waiting for two more to report to all three bureau's. So far all three have increased due to just one reporting. That one happens to be the smallest too. It was My CAP 1 QS with a 320 limit. It was over the limit by $360. I paid the whole thing to zero. That one change reported and my Experian score jumped 46 points, TU 38 points and EQ 22 pts. The two cards with higher balances that I paid have yet to report. I'm hoping to see bigger jumps on all three buereau 's when they do. 

Current Scores:

Goal Score:

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.