Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSL question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

SSL question

I recent opened an Alliant account and I am getting ready to apply for a SSL - my question is does the amount matter...like should it be a $500 loan or like a $5000 loan or does the amount not really matter?

Thanks!

Shannon

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: SSL question

This is answered in the SSL mega thread.

$500 is all you need, more won't give you more FICO points if you have no other installment loan reporting.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

The above reply is correct. FICO scoring only looks at percentages, not dollars. That goes for both installment loans and revolving accounts. Thus there is no difference between $500, $5000, $50000 etc. So long as the percentage (less than 9%) is in the ideal range.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your response!

Message 4 of 5
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I recent opened an Alliant account and I am getting ready to apply for a SSL - my question is does the amount matter...like should it be a $500 loan or like a $5000 loan or does the amount not really matter?

Thanks!

Shannon

The other posters are correct that the amount doesn't matter.

I should point out to you though that the savings interest rate at Alliant is now 1.05%, which is higher than most institutions.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.