cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STOP WASTING YOUR MONEY PAYING FOR FICO SCORES

tag
jamie08

Re: STOP WASTING YOUR MONEY PAYING FOR FICO SCORES

I can feel your pain; though not necessarily agreeing with you. In the last 7 months I've attacked my debt, paying down the balances on my accounts to the sum of 5 digits yet my score has dropped 25 points instead of rising. It seems someone is practicing Voodoo on my scores. FICO scoring is nonsensical, now I couldn't care less about their scores and will pay cash for everything but my next home.
Message 21 of 23
nickf4rr
Established Member

@jamie08 wrote:
I can feel your pain; though not necessarily agreeing with you. In the last 7 months I've attacked my debt, paying down the balances on my accounts to the sum of 5 digits yet my score has dropped 25 points instead of rising. It seems someone is practicing Voodoo on my scores. FICO scoring is nonsensical, now I couldn't care less about their scores and will pay cash for everything but my next home.

I'd be really curious to know what our AAoA and UTI was when you started attacking your debt, and if there are any baddies that came up on your report aftewards.

I'm tracking my own debt-attacking FICO score results in another thread, if you'd like to compare notes...

Starting Score: 621 TU
Current Score: 621 TU
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 22 of 23
jamie08

No baddies on my report; I sense your skepticism, but the fact is I've got a stellar credit history. With one exception, I had been carrying high cc balances which caused my score to be low 700s. The only change since September is me lowering all of my balances and my credit score inexplicably getting worse....yeah doesn't make sense, yet it is true.
Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.