Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SW score fluctuation...confusedi

tag
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

SW score fluctuation...confusedi

for the past month, my EQ score started at 702 then the following week, up to 707. Then one week later back down to 702. Then last week bumped up again to 707. But then i just got another SW alert saying im back down to 702. The first week, when it went from 704 to 702, i know it was because my util went up to about 40%...but then got it paid down to about 20% so it went back up to 707 when balances was updated on my cr. But since then, ive also noticed that 3 out of 4 of my oldest closed accounts have aged off my report. Aside from those closed accounts dropping off, nothing else has changed on my EQ report. Could I have been rebucketed?...causing my score to go back down to 702? If thats the case...it makes sense. But what would make it go back up to 707 a week later...and then down to 702 again less than a week later? i dont get it because nothing else has changed on my credit profile the last 2 weeks of the fluctuation.. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: SW score fluctuation...confusedi

You're just going to see those rollercoaster scores for a bit.  There's some fluxuation as things age and changes.  I wouldn't worry about a few points here and there.  Mine does the same thing it seems.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 3
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

Re: SW score fluctuation...confusedi

whew! i thought there was something else about it. it was just weird that it goes back and forth to the same exact scores. at least i know im not the only one going through mysterious score fluctuation. thanks for the response Shogun!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.