cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sallie Mae gone Score back up...plus 1 point!!!! YIPPIE!!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sallie Mae gone Score back up...plus 1 point!!!! YIPPIE!!!!!

Just when I thought my recent entrance to 700 club was ruined by Sallie Mae, it's over.  My score has gone back up but instead of 702 I'm at 703!!!!  yippie!!!!!!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sallie Mae gone Score back up...plus 1 point!!!! YIPPIE!!!!!

The Sallie Mae incident was, from what I've been told, a classic example of how too many businesses' employees are ignorant of credit scoring.

Looks like someone over at Sallie Mae didn't realize the ramifications of changing the coding on credit files. Fortunately, that error is corrected.

Hopefully whoever is in charge over there will get a couple "dummy" accounts to experiment with in the future before implementing changes across an entire client base.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you get a score watch alert that it went back up?
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I did.  Well, I have Equifax Scorewatch not the one on Myfico.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you tell me what the message in your scorewatch said as the reasons why your score went back up?
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you looked at your actual report or just the score?  The reason I'm asking is that while a lot of us who were also affected by the score drop have had our scores restored, when we look at our actual updated report, Sallie Mae's "fix" has caused a double-reporting of our accounts, making it look like we have twice the amount of debt that we actually do.  There's another thread on the forum somewhere where people are talking about this.  In that thread, the moderator says that Sallie Mae has been notified about this latest issue so hopefully this will be corrected soon.   

http://blogs.creditcards.com/2008/05/sallie-mae-equifax-credit-report.php  
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.