Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Same CC got reported twice?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same CC got reported twice?

Hello,

I just checked my credit score and I had a new alert. I went to go look and it said that my BofA CC had a new balance of $400 (I will be paying it off in a couple months) but it reported it twice. It's the same card, same account number, same balance. Is it suppose to do that, or do I need to call someone?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Same CC got reported twice?

No, it can't.  Unless it was lost/stolen then there is typically 2 TLs.

Call the CRA and see if they will remove it.

Message 2 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello,

I just checked my credit score and I had a new alert. I went to go look and it said that my BofA CC had a new balance of $400 (I will be paying it off in a couple months) but it reported it twice. It's the same card, same account number, same balance. Is it suppose to do that, or do I need to call someone?

Thanks!

OP, are you basing this off a ScoreWatch alert? If so, you don't have two accounts. 

SW, by default, will alert you to any balance increase that increased by $x and also by x%. I cannot recall what the fault values are, maybe $5 and 5%. Anyway, if your new CC balance increased by both values then you'll see a double alert for the same account. If annoying, you can change one. Go into Settings of your SW subscription and select on of the two settings to "N" for No and this will get rid of the double alert.

Message 3 of 4
sosabe77
Contributor

Scorewatch sometimes lists entries twice but those based on alert triggers, not the actual entry.

Top 3: Amex BCP 25k - Chase Sapphire 17.5k - PSECU 20K

Starting Score: 714
Current Score: 759
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.