Regular Contributor
CC40

Same report - score difference

Hello myfico.com. I realize I ask lots of questions, but I am trying to master this whole credit process. You guys have a wealth of knowledge and experience that really helps people that don't really know what they are doing. So, with that being said ... I have another question. If the three CRA's are reporting the EXACT same information - how does that affect the scores? Will they be somewhat the same if it the FICO score? Or will there be variations? And if so, what causes the variations?
Lel

Re: Same report - score difference

CC40 wrote:
Hello myfico.com. I realize I ask lots of questions, but I am trying to master this whole credit process. You guys have a wealth of knowledge and experience that really helps people that don't really know what they are doing. So, with that being said ... I have another question. If the three CRA's are reporting the EXACT same information - how does that affect the scores? Will they be somewhat the same if it the FICO score? Or will there be variations? And if so, what causes the variations?

There will likely be some difference, because even though the information is identical, there are differences in the FICO scoring formulas used at each bureau.  The broad general criteria are the same (i.e. the pie chart distributions), but the weighting of these factors can vary.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+