Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score Changed, Credit Didn't.

tag
Evesvilla
New Visitor

Re: Score Changed, Credit Didn't.

Yes I do know how to find & obtain the info from Equifax directly, thank you. As for the credit card we use it for mainly for gas/groceries, basically items we buy anyways, & then we pay it off completely every single month. So no it's not maxed out, not even close, & there is never a balance even carried over.
Message 11 of 15
Evesvilla
New Visitor

I am going to investigate further, like was recommended. That significant of a drop just seems outrageous to me if the only reason is the model change. I am going to pull reports & review them for any new changes again just to make sure. I do keep a very close watch & highly doubt I'll find anything, but it is definitely worth an extra look just to make sure. But other than that the credit card is in excellent standing. Thanks again everyone!
Message 12 of 15
user5387
Valued Contributor

There's one tricky issue with credit card utilization.

Suppose that I have a $1000 limit, and spend $975 a month, and after the statement date, pay it off.

In this scenario, I will pay no interest, and my CC company may think I'm a great customer.

But such a card will appear maxed out for scoring purposes.  This is especially an issue for low-CL cards, for example using $240 of a $250 card.

I don't know if you're anywhere near having this issue, but thought I would mention it.

Message 13 of 15
Evesvilla
New Visitor

Oh yes thank you for the mention, definitely can't hurt. We don't utilize more than about 25% of the available credit limit. Basically with a $2,000 limit, we keep the balance at $500 or less.
Message 14 of 15
EW800
Valued Contributor

@user5387 wrote:

@EW800 wrote:

If you're looking for a mortgage, I would rely on the FICO score available at the Equifax site (EQ 04).  

5387 --  Would you by chance know how to locate the true FICO 04 score at Equifax that they sell for $20?  Pretty much everything that I see is for their "Credit Score" and "Equifax Complete" products, which I believe is what we should stay away from.  I get the feeling they bury the true 04 area?  Any pointers?    Thanks!

I believe it's the $19.95 "Score Power" product here:

http://www.equifax.com/credit-score

Thank you!

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 839; EQ8: 845; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.