cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score Difference

tag
kristym0716

Score Difference

I'm confused, I have all 3 FICO scores and my score was really bad as I was out of work for 20 months and in the last 2 years have been working steady and slowly rebuilding. I started out in the mid 400 range after a divorce and bankruptcy. My scores are as follows:

TransUnion 569

Equifax 565

Experian 495

I'm trying to figure out why my Experian is so much lower. I know I still have a bit to go, but every month my score goes up some. Not much I can do with the bankruptcy hanging on for another 6 years yet (was discharged in 09) and I've cleared out everything, just the problems from not working so I realize this is a work in progress. Any idea why there'd be such a discrepancy?

Thanks for your input.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Score Difference

Unless all 3 scores are from the same source and that source is a lender, you might not be looking at FICO scores at all. I mention this because Experian blocked consumer access to your own FICO score a while back though coming soon you might be able to buy it once again.

Assuming they are FICO scores, IME, my EX FICO weighed baddies much more than the other two, especially when it comes to recent baddies. Also length of history played a big deal into strengthening the other two so definitely look to compare length of history, AAoA, etc. Also utilization plays a big part. Seemed like EX and EQ weighed util heavily so look to see if you have any maxed out or CO'd CCs reporting in EX.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.