cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score Improved +10 pts; Can't Figure Out Why?

tag
Pigeyex
Frequent Contributor

Re: Score Improved +10 pts; Can't Figure Out Why?

OK, I appreciate the help.  I guess ultimately it doesn't matter much, but the curiosity has been killing me.  I really can't do anything further (re-fi my car, re-fi my mortgage again) until I get my middle score up over 720 anyway.

Pigeye

2007 - 2010 low point: mid-500s

With the help of myFICO community, now: 714 EQ FICO

"At the end of every hard-earned day, people find some reason to believe." (Bruce Springsteen)
Message 11 of 13
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

@Pigeyex wrote:

OK, I appreciate the help.  I guess ultimately it doesn't matter much, but the curiosity has been killing me.  I really can't do anything further (re-fi my car, re-fi my mortgage again) until I get my middle score up over 720 anyway.

Pigeye

Looks like you should be there pretty soon. :-)

Message 12 of 13
Pigeyex
Frequent Contributor

Yeah I think if I get my util. back to the 0-16% range instead of its recent 17-29% (currently at 29%), all I need to do is keep paying my bills on time for another six months or so, and let those HPs age, and all of the scoring simulators say I should pop to 720+.  I don't think I'll ever get to 750+ until those two Midland collection accounts drop off though, which won't happen for a few more years, sadly.  Everything else is paid-as-agreed, tons of CLs, 35 years on oldest account and over 11 years on AAofA.  I should be pushing 800 but instead I'm going to be topping out at 720-725 I think for awhile.

Pigeye

2007 - 2010 low point: mid-500s

With the help of myFICO community, now: 714 EQ FICO

"At the end of every hard-earned day, people find some reason to believe." (Bruce Springsteen)
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.