Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score Increase

tag
kingmidas
New Contributor

Score Increase

I have started rebuilding my credit recently and all has been ok so far.  I have added 1 secure that started reporting this month which gave me a boost and I applied for another secured through my cu that will probably report by July.  I also have a car loan that has been open/never late since 4/2011 and now that it has been a little over a year since I've had that car and seeing how within this past couple weeks my credit has risen, I decided to apply for a loan to refinance my car through my credit union. I just finalized things for that loan today and my car payment will go from 564 (28% apr) to 300 (5.75 apr).  I also will be reported as an au on an account which will start reporting me in july and there are no derogatories and the account age is older than all my accounts.  My question is: when the 2nd secured card, the au account and the new auto loan start reporting, do you guys think I will experience a decrease from the new credit accounts.  I know eventually if it does go down, it will recover after a few months of good history by I've been working hard to get this increase but will go downhill again before going up?  Any insight or experiences will be very much appreciated

Starting Score: myfico.comEQ 570 TU 614 EX (fako/experian.com) 565 5/24/12
Current Score: lender pulled EQ 672 TU 722 EX 692 as of 7/2/13
Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Score Increase

Hard to say, depends how much that AU helps you (missed that part first time I wrote my response) in terms of your AAoA and your revolving utilization.

As a swag, I suspect you'll be either be flat or slightly down for the next 3ish months.

Congrats on the most excellent car refinance! 

        
Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Be aware that addition of the credit history of another to your credit file will result in your, and your creditors', loss of ability to determine your own personal score without the added account information.

Message 3 of 4
kingmidas
New Contributor

Thank you guys for your advice!

Starting Score: myfico.comEQ 570 TU 614 EX (fako/experian.com) 565 5/24/12
Current Score: lender pulled EQ 672 TU 722 EX 692 as of 7/2/13
Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.