Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score Lowered from Loan Payment

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Score Lowered from Loan Payment

Quick questions.... My score adjusted today because the balance on my loan changed. I clicked, and discovered that that it was because I made my payment. Does anyone know why this is? Let me know what other factors you need to consider.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Score Lowered from Loan Payment

@Anonymous wrote:

Quick questions.... My score adjusted today because the balance on my loan changed. I clicked, and discovered that that it was because I made my payment. Does anyone know why this is? Let me know what other factors you need to consider.

Thanks!

Paid off or just paid?

Paid off, typically a drop (some cases maybe not more testing needed).  Paying an installment loan to a lower balance though isn't a bad thing either financially or in the algorithm, what likely happened in that circumstance is that it was simply an update triggered and something else changed.  The monitoring solution doesn't catch everything, and sadly a before / after snapshot of the report is really the only way to diagnose.

        
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.