Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score Versions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Score Versions

Hi, I am currently monitoring my credit score to prep for a new mortgage. While my FICO 8 is climbing, the other score versions have not changed. I am wondering if the others (specifically the scores that are specific to the mortgage companies) should be increasing in same increments? Thank you for any info!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
tufa4311
Established Contributor

Re: Score Versions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi, I am currently monitoring my credit score to prep for a new mortgage. While my FICO 8 is climbing, the other score versions have not changed. I am wondering if the others (specifically the scores that are specific to the mortgage companies) should be increasing in same increments? Thank you for any info!

No, they will (most likely) not increase in the same increments - they may not increase at all, althought generally, depending on the positive action taken on your part, they will increase but due to the fact that all these different scoring models use different algorithims which put different weighting on different attributes they all do not change in the same way due to any one action or change. If they did all change the same way due to grading everything the same there would be no point in having different scoring models.

796 TU FICO 08 (08/2018)
758 TU FICO 08 (01/12/2016)
753 TU FICO 08 (11/21/2015)
740: EQ Score Power (Beacon 5.0) FICO 04 (01/23/2015)
755 TU FICO 08 (01/21/2015)
652 TU Lender Pull (06/10/2014)
665 TU FICO 08 (05/21/2014)
Goal: 800+
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.