Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score accuracy

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Score accuracy

I've only been a member of MyFico for 1.5 months, but my score keeps changing here and there as things are getting corrected, removed.  However, I haven't pulled a report from myFico since 9/15.  My question is, Is the score that is showing today what my actual score is? Or do I need to pull a new report and pay for it to get the most current score?  Please Advise

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Score accuracy

I don't use myFICO but from the threads I've seen it sounds like scores do not update daily.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

the monitoring here SUCKS - I had some bad big ticket items removed and no change,So I would say get another report.

Message 3 of 10
redbeard
Frequent Contributor

In my short time here, I can assure you, to get an accurate score, you need a new report.  I also found out, if something big changed and you want to pull a new report, wait a couple of days to make sure it gets updated before you pull it.  In the world of highly networked computers, not everything is instant.

Just trying to get my scores to rise from the dead......

Wait.... I think I just heard a heartbeat!

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

It also depends on how fast the CB's are reporting to fico. I've had 1 judgment removed from TU and EX 3 weeks ago and it still doesn't show. Equifax took its time to remove that judgment, but I think it reported the same day as I was alerted of a 68 point jump 3 days ago. I was checking the progress online and all the time it said pending. 

Message 5 of 10
lord_kinbote
Established Contributor

I do not believe you need a new report. You have the original and myfico updates your FICO score as it detects changes from your original pull.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I noticed my transunion reports much faster.  Example: my equifax and experian are both 75 points behind transunion.  I'd give it a few weeks to a month for a change to show up here.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I noticed my transunion reports much faster.  Example: my equifax and experian are both 75 points behind transunion.  I'd give it a few weeks to a month for a change to show up here.

Interesting as I was going to report that Trans Union is at least a week behind EQ or EX in updating my credit information. Your findings are to the contrary. Wonder why?

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

To give a little more detail.  I sent out letters to all three credit bureaus.  Transunion cleared up by old baddies quickly.  Equifax and Experian take between 30 to 45 days to make any changes.  Dont know exactly why.  I guess each credit bureaus just handles the reports or workload differently.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

THis is a false statement, I've had 2 accounts removed from my report, some 3 and have talked with a customer representative. The myFICO credit monitoring doesn't cover removal of reports, nor does it cover from what I have recently realized the addition of reports. (Being 1 out of the 3 have mentioned a new account.)

I have a subscrition to Transunion and Transunion updated on the same date as the Equifax on myFICO, but myFICO hasn't updated my TransUnion, the myfico score hasn't updated even half a pie's worth with the removal of accounts and never will according to their customer service.

myFICO's "credit monitoring" is nothing more than a passive fraud detection that may or may not inform you of a change. The score is a gimmic to lure you in, Especially with the name.

I'll change my stance once they update my score.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.