Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score after BK ages off?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Score after BK ages off?

Hi Smakjets,

Thank you for sharing your experience, Yes I am realizing that the lates are still going to hurt my scores especially since they are after the BK. When I have applied with my local credit unions they cited them for denial reasons on their visa products.I've had no luck with credit unions.  

Did TU remove it 6 moinths early without you asking for Early Exclusion?

With my BK my TU is 704 I can hope for the best as things age off and i keep current with low utilization. Hope to raise the other 2 to the 700 club Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 29
pi-r-squared
Frequent Contributor

I went online and disputed TU on the BK-7.  I said, "Since the BK is due to fall off sooon, can it just be removed now?" and they took it off!

Message 12 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your success with TU and being in the 700 club across the board Smiley Happy  

I love this forum and all that contribute. It helps me so much to know that someone else has been there and is willing to share what they know !

Message 13 of 29
pi-r-squared
Frequent Contributor

FYI, my wife's BK-7 dropped off EX. Since that was her only baddie on that CR, her score jumped up 57 points. I'm expecting mine to follow suit.

Message 14 of 29
pi-r-squared
Frequent Contributor

Fico_gal, my EX score just updated with my BK-7 falling off. With the last baddie gone, it went up 40 points!

Message 15 of 29
EW800
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello Everyone,

My chapter 7 is finally due to age off 10/2016. I have been reading and it looks like most people see an increase after the BK falls off. Is there any way to tell how much of an increase I might see? 

Congrats on being so close to your BK falling off!  I will be watching this thread as well to see what type of boost you get when it does fall off.  I have a foreclosure that will fall off in about two years (summer of 2018), therefore I am very curious to see what you experience.   The foreclosure did not hit my wife's reports and her FICO 8 scores are all in the 820-830 range (mine are currently in the 727-738 range), so I am hoping for a decent jump.  

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2023: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $48.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $22.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $21K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $296K
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $10 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 16 of 29
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks Revelate,

I just started to work on my file last may. My last 30 day late was March 2015 and i do have other 30 day lates on my 2 cards that i had at the time that are slowly aging off. 

Yes i will update this post to report back when my files update planning on asking for early exclusions starting next month with TU.

My oldest account is 16.9 years and my AAOA is 5.3 years (opened new accounts last year brought it down) My utilization is 8% percent right now I try to keep it below 10%.

I am trying to raise my Equifax fico 4 which is 638 and my fico 8 scores are Equifax 666 TU 704 and Ex 668

My ex fico 8 won't budge. I am wondering if there is anything else i can do besides wait for the BK to dall off, wait for the 1 collection on eq to fall off in sept and continue to stay current w/ low utilization that will help raise my scores?

Bueno!

I'm actually sort of surprised your scores are that low with all that history, really only that one 30 day late from 3/15 and a bunch of others near dropping off?  Huh, but EQ hates me so I'm not the best comparison point and I don't have a recent late there; however, my TU 04 is at 721 even with a late from 10/2015 and a flatly weaker file unless your lates from back in the day were way worse than my 30/60 on a tradeline from 2010 there; a BK and a tax lien are pretty much identical anyway score wise AFAIK (and collections too from my data and the excellent point up above regarding dropping the BK with collections still)

AAOA 2 years, oldest account 8 years, utilization <1%.

        
Message 17 of 29
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@pi-r-squared wrote:

On TU, I had a BK-7 and 2 collections reporting.  The collections were from Aug 2011.  The BK was due to fall off next month but TU removed it 6 months early so it was gone after this past Jan.  But, since my 2 collections still remain, my TU FICO did not change.  

Your 30-day late is more recent than my collections so I wouldn't expect an increase.

Thank you for that!

To be fair, collections deliquencies and public records/collections aren't the same thing and aren't treated similarly so there might be an increase and it might actually be a good one in this case.  I'm going to be very interested to see what the score does as the BK and the old lates get gone in this case; I've got old lates on EQ, and the old lates and a recent one on TU in addition to the tax lien on both.

        
Message 18 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smakjets,

That's great news congrats on the 40 point bump, that's awesome !

Message 19 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you EW800 Smiley Happy  Your scores have rebounded quite nicely and looking at what everyone has said if the public record is your only negative you should see a 40+ poince score increase !

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.