Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score after GW

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Score after GW

My parents received a GW two days ago in which a 30 day late was removed.  They pulled their score up today and no change.  The 30 day took their score down 80 points.  How long does it take to recover?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Score after GW

Have the reports updated without the late yet? Or were they just notified that the lender would do this?

No score change until report change, and all that.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got letter about removal. Pulled all CRs, the late has been removed.  Only thing strange was on the EX report it was changed from 30+ to No data reported for that month.  But... no score change.  The late appeared jan 2009 and they lost 80 points. Its gone now and nothing.  I dont get it.
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

?
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

You might try using the FICO simulator and estimator for future guesstimates on what your score may look like with certain things happening, good or bad.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=ficoscoring&thread.id=36259

Message 5 of 14
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

You did say it was on EX, so you can't pull your EX FICO any longer. There is no rhyme or reason to what happens on FAKOs. Where did you get that EX credit score?

turbowrx wrote:
Got letter about removal. Pulled all CRs, the late has been removed.  Only thing strange was on the EX report it was changed from 30+ to No data reported for that month.  But... no score change.  The late appeared jan 2009 and they lost 80 points. Its gone now and nothing.  I dont get it.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I went to experian.com and paid for the report plus score.
Message Edited by turbowrx on 04-21-2009 04:45 PM
Message 7 of 14
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

That's a FAKO score. Don't get yourself all worked up over the rise and fall of a FAKO. Many events that would cause your FICO to rise may cause a FAKO to rise, drop or stand still. Conversely, many events that would cause your FICO to drop would cause a FAKO to rise, drop or stand still. The scoring formulas are different, so there is no correlation between a FICO and a FAKO.

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Junejer wrote:
That's a FAKO score. Don't get yourself all worked up over the rise and fall of a FAKO. Many events that would cause your FICO to rise may cause a FAKO to rise, drop or stand still. Conversely, many events that would cause your FICO to drop would cause a FAKO to rise, drop or stand still. The scoring formulas are different, so there is no correlation between a FICO and a FAKO.

I have found that when my cat hacks up a hairball, my fako's drop about 6 pts each.

Message 9 of 14
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

My FAKOs go up 16 points, when YOUR cat hacks up a hairball.

Rick9972 wrote:

@Junejer wrote:

I have found that when my cat hacks up a hairball, my fako's drop about 6 pts each.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.