Frequent Contributor
CreditBob

Score after positive account falls off

I wanted to share an experience that I am now going through. I just had a installment loan fall off the credit report after it's 10 year period from the tiem the loan was paid in full and the account was closed. My score went up 1 fico point. I was not sure what would happen. On a last note the account was positive and never late. On purpose I pulled a report and score just to see what the new score would be before and after the account dropped off. I will be doing the same thing when my chapter 7 bankruptcy falls off in December 2008. I just felt that everyone would like to hear this.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+