Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score comparison with identical files

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Score comparison with identical files

It does look like TU will be in good shape next month for inquiries aging off.

That won't last long. Smiley LOL

Message 21 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Score comparison with identical files

@Anonymous wrote:
In general my Equifax has always been my lowest score. Right now it is 65 points lower than TransUnion with the same exact data. I see a lot of people with the same thing with Equifax, not everybody, but a lot. I don't know why are usually different. It's disturbing to me.

Hey IWAFF!  A 65 point difference is very hard to explain purely through the bureau specific tweaks made to FICO 8.  It's still supposed to be basically the same model.  If the data were exactly the same there shouldn't be that huge of a difference.  25 points sure.  Maybe even conceivably 30.  Not 65.

A thing that can happen a lot here is that it seems as though two bureaus have exactly the same data, but after somebody goes through it with an extremely fine toothed comb, they find an apparently small difference that can make a big difference: e.g. a small balance on one card or a different date opened.  That's happened to me for sure.

What tool are you using to get your scores?

Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.