Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score decrease for non-mortgage installment loan is too high

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Score decrease for non-mortgage installment loan is too high

I received a score decrease in April 2008 for non mortgage installment loan is too high, but all my installment loans have been going down since Oct. 2006 (new car).  My other loans are student loans if that helps.    I don't see how that became a factor all of a sudden in that month.  My average age of accounts change happens in Sept...not April.

Thanks for any help.

Message Edited by ficoachiever on 10-10-2008 11:55 AM
Message Edited by ficoachiever on 10-10-2008 11:58 AM
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Score decrease for non-mortgage installment loan is too high

That is a FAKO comment....FICO doesn't give that comment (or at least I have never seen it even with an installment loan at 99%)

Ignore it. 

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

That message was from my scorewatch subscription here.
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

That was the part that was odd to me also.  I had those balances at their highest (99%) in October 2006.  They have been decreasing since then, but all of a sudden in April 2008 I get that message.
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you hit a milestone recently? You could have been rebucketed.

Or a negative that was there may have fallen off and since you are over 800 the messages have started getting real picky. That has happened to many people once they get to a solid score and hit an age mark.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

From my experience, FICO is always trying to pull up a negative. When you've fixed one problem, it's going to find another one - probably not as big of a deal as what the previous one was.

Message 6 of 11
wmarat
Valued Contributor

I would call them.

Sometimes their explanations for score change have nothing to do with reality.

About month ago my score went down a few point and explanations were 1. Balance on one of  CC's - which was true and 2. 18 mos. old inq.

I called them and was told that an inq. came up due to some glitch, a CSR appologised, gave one free CR pull and 10% prom code.

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 7 of 11
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

From my experience, FICO is always trying to pull up a negative. When you've fixed one problem, it's going to find another one - probably not as big of a deal as what the previous one was.

I noticed this message on TU when a new car reports and continued to see it until I had darn near paid the thing off completely. It isn't major. 

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

IME- this message goes away when the UTL goes under 100%

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

My credit card balances were going up at the time also.  I also received the alert for that when they reported.  This was different.  My credit cards are paid off again, but I never regained those last few points from the mortgage loan alert.  Maybe something changed that I couldn't see or the model decided I was in a different bucket (since the credit card went up to 25%).  I would still think that since the cards are down, everything else went back to normal.  I haven't had any new tradelines at all since Oct. 2006.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.