Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score decrease

tag
Lava791
Established Member

Score decrease

I changed my addresss and my score decreased by 26 pts. Score went from 626 to 600 on experian. I'm sure TU and Ex will to. Why did it?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Score decrease

That happened to me as well. So upset.

Message 2 of 11
Hokies2379
Established Contributor

Something else changed.  Your score did not decrease because of an address change.

Message 3 of 11
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Scores do not decrease because of a change of address. You probably made the change arounf the same time as a statement cut with a higher balance or you were rebucketted. 

But, I know for a fact that it was not due to a change of address. 

Message 4 of 11
Lava791
Established Member

That's what the alert says
Message 5 of 11
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@Lava791 wrote:

Please post a screenshot of the alert. 

Message 6 of 11
Hokies2379
Established Contributor

@Lava791 wrote:

I have an alert that says I went up 27 points because I had an inquiry.  Doesn't make it true. 

Use common sense on this one.  Why in the world would a score decrease because of an address?....it wouldn't. 

Message 7 of 11
rebuildingincb
Contributor

@Hokies2379 wrote:

@Lava791 wrote:

I have an alert that says I went up 27 points because I had an inquiry.  Doesn't make it true. 

Use common sense on this one.  Why in the world would a score decrease because of an address?....it wouldn't. 

Yep, I went up today on an alert that on of my accounts increased in amount owed. It's like wall street, watch the long runs, not the short ones....

Message 8 of 11
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@Hokies2379 wrote:

@Lava791 wrote:

While I agree with what you say, keep in mind that OP is new to the forum and quite possibly new to credit overall. I remember what I thought I "knew" about credit when I first joined myFico and I was quickly proven wrong. 

An address change on a CR generally updates when something else changes on a report such as a new TL, new statement cut, etc. The last time my address changed was when I changed it via online banking. It was reported when my statement had cut and in that situation, I mistakingly let a high balance report which dropped my score a few points. 

Or, it could have updated via an app for new credit and the TL just hit OP's report. It could be a number of things. 

Message 9 of 11
Hokies2379
Established Contributor

@azguy13 wrote:

@Hokies2379 wrote:

@Lava791 wrote:

While I agree with what you say, keep in mind that OP is new to the forum and quite possibly new to credit overall. I remember what I thought I "knew" about credit when I first joined myFico and I was quickly proven wrong. 

An address change on a CR generally updates when something else changes on a report such as a new TL, new statement cut, etc. The last time my address changed was when I changed it via online banking. It was reported when my statement had cut and in that situation, I mistakingly let a high balance report which dropped my score a few points. 

Or, it could have updated via an app for new credit and the TL just hit OP's report. It could be a number of things. 

Eh....I wouldn't think .....nah, nevermind. I'm going to go beat my head against a wall instead.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.