Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score did not recover after dispute in my favor

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Score did not recover after dispute in my favor

I use scorewatch and my score had dropped from a 727 to a 616. I questioned my mortgage company as to a late payment on my credit that was in error and they reversed it, but my score only came back up by 32 points. Doesn't it make sense that it should recover back to where it was, all things being equal?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Score did not recover after dispute in my favor

I can't explain my 2 point drop this week. ??? I'm waiting until next week to see if things change back. It should have changed back unless something a week prior changed and it finally updated. SW can be late at updating score changes. Well not actually late, it is done that way intentionally. If you get a score on Monday 1st. And something changes Tues 2nd it might not reflect on the score until the next factor that triggers a score change. Your score may have rebounded then dropped some from another factor. Give it another week and see. I'm waiting. If you feel the score is in error there is always a Score Power for an instant up to date score, but that costs money.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I noticed that you have not been here that long. You will find that they bundle score changes together to confuse the bleepers out of us. Usually more than one factor is involved when they finally give you the score update and could be part of the reason why it doesn't update for smaller changes. I check my scores every 10 days. Smiley Happy

Message Edited by ilovepizza on 01-18-2008 02:04 PM
Message 3 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
I check my scores every 10 days. Smiley Happy

"Hey, Big Spender!
"Spend......
"A little time with me."
Sweet Charity
Lyrics by Dorothy Fields, Music by Cy Coleman
Smiley Wink
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I can't explain my 2 point drop this week. ??? I'm waiting until next week to see if things change back.

I still got the FICO knoledge. I was starting to worry when I could not explain a -2 drop. Smiley Happy I've changed buckets so many times I know how all my buckets react. This -2 drop was very concerning!!! SW was just 10 days late at reporting the change "EVEN THOUGH" I had a new trigger days after my mod which should have raised my score instead it looked like it lowered my score. This score given was not the score I really had. So the SW triggers do not always pull the up to the minute score, but can pull the score from a day or so older if that's when it last checked. You could have a different score the next day or so and SW reports the score from the day before as in my case. Sometimes it's up to the minute, depends on the situation. This was from the EQ SW model this time. Score Powers are still up to the minute.

Today I got these +2 points back on SW and SW and SP scores match finally. I've been working hard for single points these days, a loss of -2 would have been very disappointing. I need every point I can get if I want to hit my goal.

I still have several more months to go to complete my last action. I have predicted the date my score will shine. FICO is punishing me for my recent actions, deeply punishing me stating that my actions are negative, but I expect like a rainy day, just after the rain everything blooms and grows. So this is my theory, and we will finally see if I have enough yeast in my pizza crust to rise. This is my final pizza supreme with all the toppings. Will FICO like how it tastes? Time will tell.

So to complete this, If your score has not recovered after a dispute, wait 10-14 days sometimes even a bit longer before you jump to a conclusion, score might be late at updating.
Message 5 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Ahhh, the old pizza is back, and his icon's eye is bugging out more than ever! Smiley Very Happy
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.