Established Contributor
TravellingNomad

Score dipped a little after judgement fell off

[ Edited ]

so as of  Sept. 5 the paid judgement on my reports finally fell off my reports. other than that..nothing else has changed. but that same day got a SW alert of a score change. when i checked, my score dropped from 703 to 699. i know its a very minimal change but i was expecting a score boost since a major ding in my profile is gone. like i said...nothing else has changed. util is still about 15% between 2 cards and only remaining baddie CO from 2008 paid in 2009. my other cc's are at zero balnce. im wondering why my score was minimally dinged instead of a score boost from the judgement disappeared. i was hoping to stay above the 700. ideas on why the score boost i was hoping on getting didnt happen and instead lost several points?

Moderator Emeritus
llecs

Re: Score dipped a little after judgement fell off

Do you have any other judgments or other PRs reporting?

SW monitors for score changes every 7-10 days. The odds of it monitoring on the exact same day the PR dropped on EQ is very low. While it's possible to lose points while rebucketing (hence the question above), I would throw out that your score possibly changed since your last alert (with an alert inside 7-10 days from the last assuming nothing else changes in the interim). I would suggest that any score drop assuming all else is equal would be larger due to the rebucketing. I think your loss is off util changes since it's only 4 pts.

Established Contributor
TravellingNomad

Re: Score dipped a little after judgement fell off

llecs wrote:

Do you have any other judgments or other PRs reporting?

SW monitors for score changes every 7-10 days. The odds of it monitoring on the exact same day the PR dropped on EQ is very low. While it's possible to lose points while rebucketing (hence the question above), I would throw out that your score possibly changed since your last alert (with an alert inside 7-10 days from the last assuming nothing else changes in the interim). I would suggest that any score drop assuming all else is equal would be larger due to the rebucketing. I think your loss is off util changes since it's only 4 pts.

hi llecs thanks for your input. i did get a SW alert on 09/12 indicating my score went up from 699 to 704. no other PR's on my cr's. like i mentioned, i only have one baddie left which is the CO. Just playing the waiting game for it to fall off sometime late next year. currently have 3 cc's reporting with total util of about 15%. now im gonna play around and see where my sweet spot is as far as how many cards to report at 10% or below util. the way i see it...im going to stop hoping for score increases everyday. it's driving me nuts when it goes down! :smileylol:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}