Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score dipped a little after judgement fell off

tag
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

Score dipped a little after judgement fell off

so as of  Sept. 5 the paid judgement on my reports finally fell off my reports. other than that..nothing else has changed. but that same day got a SW alert of a score change. when i checked, my score dropped from 703 to 699. i know its a very minimal change but i was expecting a score boost since a major ding in my profile is gone. like i said...nothing else has changed. util is still about 15% between 2 cards and only remaining baddie CO from 2008 paid in 2009. my other cc's are at zero balnce. im wondering why my score was minimally dinged instead of a score boost from the judgement disappeared. i was hoping to stay above the 700. ideas on why the score boost i was hoping on getting didnt happen and instead lost several points?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Score dipped a little after judgement fell off

Do you have any other judgments or other PRs reporting?

SW monitors for score changes every 7-10 days. The odds of it monitoring on the exact same day the PR dropped on EQ is very low. While it's possible to lose points while rebucketing (hence the question above), I would throw out that your score possibly changed since your last alert (with an alert inside 7-10 days from the last assuming nothing else changes in the interim). I would suggest that any score drop assuming all else is equal would be larger due to the rebucketing. I think your loss is off util changes since it's only 4 pts.

Message 2 of 3
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

Re: Score dipped a little after judgement fell off

@llecs wrote:

Do you have any other judgments or other PRs reporting?

SW monitors for score changes every 7-10 days. The odds of it monitoring on the exact same day the PR dropped on EQ is very low. While it's possible to lose points while rebucketing (hence the question above), I would throw out that your score possibly changed since your last alert (with an alert inside 7-10 days from the last assuming nothing else changes in the interim). I would suggest that any score drop assuming all else is equal would be larger due to the rebucketing. I think your loss is off util changes since it's only 4 pts.

hi llecs thanks for your input. i did get a SW alert on 09/12 indicating my score went up from 699 to 704. no other PR's on my cr's. like i mentioned, i only have one baddie left which is the CO. Just playing the waiting game for it to fall off sometime late next year. currently have 3 cc's reporting with total util of about 15%. now im gonna play around and see where my sweet spot is as far as how many cards to report at 10% or below util. the way i see it...im going to stop hoping for score increases everyday. it's driving me nuts when it goes down! Smiley LOL

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.