cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score drop after dispute initiation & resolution??

tag
tbp1015

Score drop after dispute initiation & resolution??

My Equifax report is really baffling me and I would love to hear any throughts people have on it. About a month ago, I initiated an online dispute for a group of 11 student loans that had lates on them from 4+ years ago. The lates are actually only 3 late payments but because of the way my loans are serviced, it shows as 11 separate delinquencies. I know I probably shouldn't have disputed online, but I was lazy and impatient, so I thought I'd give it a shot. After initiating the dispute, I received a Myfico alert telling my my score had dropped 39 points from 687 to 648! I read on here that sometimes that happens because the TL's are not include in your score during that time and that it should go up following the dispute. Over the past month, it went up on a couple occasions and as of yesterday was back to 684, but then today I received an email from Equifax telling me the dispute was resolved and an email form myfico telling me that my score had dropped 30 points. So now my score is 654, which is 35 lower than what I started with and I don't understand why. Also, Equifax shows the same information or better as Transunion & Experian, but my scores are 717 (TU) & 696 (EX with 1 collection pending deletion). The only big difference is that before the dispute, they were all listed as having 1 account with a "negative indicator", but now EQ says I have 7 accounts with negative indicators, even though the 60-day lates haven't changed at all. I'm trying really hard to not get too upset, but I'm feeling a bit defeated. Anyone have any thoughts here? Should I try to get the dispute remarks removed or will that make no difference? I think they were already there before my most-recent dispute anyway. I sent an letter to Fedloan Servicing (loan company) and the Dept of Ed Ombudsman 2 weeks ago, but I'm not optimistic. I really hate Fedloan Servicing and Equifax right now.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Score drop after dispute initiation & resolution??

Any updates?

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.