Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score drop

tag
laryn41
Frequent Contributor

Score drop

Hi there!

I'm on here a lot understanding my credit but don't post much. Any help would be appreciated.  10 years ago when I met my hubby I had a 525 credit score. Something that low. Last  month I had a 809.  I'm so proud of my credit.  I'm constently make sure I  pay off any bills I have although I do have 2 cards with  a balance. I checked today and I have a 775 score. I check through my discover and walmart card. I know I do to have any collections.  It says I have had 6 hard inquires and I did just get a Toyota auto loan all by my self. Is that enough to drop my score that low?  Thank you 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Score drop

@laryn41 wrote:

Hi there!

I'm on here a lot understanding my credit but don't post much. Any help would be appreciated.  10 years ago when I met my hubby I had a 525 credit score. Something that low. Last  month I had a 809.  I'm so proud of my credit.  I'm constently make sure I  pay off any bills I have although I do have 2 cards with  a balance. I checked today and I have a 775 score. I check through my discover and walmart card. I know I do to have any collections.  It says I have had 6 hard inquires and I did just get a Toyota auto loan all by my self. Is that enough to drop my score that low?  Thank you 

Yeah, assuming we're talking a FICO 8 score, depending what your former installment utilization was, tacking on a new auto loan could definitely cause that magnitude of a drop.

TBH though, 775 is still gold plated, and seriously, MASSIVE congrats for getting clean over the past decade, 525 -> 775 is most excellent.

        
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.