Did you mean: 

Score dropped 57 Pts... Having a meltdown

tag
osbranger

Score dropped 57 Pts... Having a meltdown

Hard facts:
2 credit cards. BoA with 800 CL and AMEX with 1k CL

AAoA is 7 months.

Pay In full every month and keep utilization to 8-15% on each card.

I am monitoring my score on Credit Karma since the age of my accts are 7 months. Today it posted a CL limit increase as well as a hard inquiry for my Amex card I got 48 days ago. When this posted my score dropped 57 points.

What the heck is going on? Will I see this points back in the near future or am I done for? CK claims that they get that score from TU but idk how reliable that is.

What should I do?

OSB
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
DevotionToU
Regular Contributor

Re: Score dropped 57 Pts... Having a meltdown

CK is not an accurate FICO score.  As long as everything in your actual credit reports shows that things are OK, things are OK.  

CK saying they pull from TU just means that is the report they are basing the score they show you from that CRA.

$18000 Discover IT / $6000 Chase Freedom / $5000 DCU Visa / $3900 Fifth Third / $2500 Capital One Quicksilver / $2000 AMEX Blue Cash Everyday / $500 Chase Slate
Message 2 of 4
user5387
Valued Contributor

CK is typically not recommended if you want to get a real handle on your scores.

Message 3 of 4
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Do not get upset at all because of a thing Credit Karma ever tells you regarding your score.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.