Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score dropped 9 points... what?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Score dropped 9 points... what?

My previous score from Equifax was 700.  I received an alert today stating that my score had dropped 9 points.  Here's the explanation:

This score decrease may be caused by these 3 new reasons:

• You have multiple accounts showing missed payments or derogatory descriptions.
  • You have a short credit history.
  • You've recently been looking for credit.

My credit history is 5 years, 11 months.  AAoA = 3 years.  The only changes from when I had a score of 700 and now is that my accounts aged a month.  Could this have rebucketed me?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: Score dropped 9 points... what?

@Anonymous wrote:

My previous score from Equifax was 700.  I received an alert today stating that my score had dropped 9 points.  Here's the explanation:

This score decrease may be caused by these 3 new reasons:

• You have multiple accounts showing missed payments or derogatory descriptions.
  • You have a short credit history.
  • You've recently been looking for credit.

My credit history is 5 years, 11 months.  AAoA = 3 years.  The only changes from when I had a score of 700 and now is that my accounts aged a month.  Could this have rebucketed me?

Thanks!

Are you absolutely certain there were no other changes? You are in a dirty scoring bucket so I doubt rebucketing is the cause.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

My last missed payment was 2.5 years ago... I have 2 - 30 day lates on my account.  My credit history is at 5 years, 11 months.  I have 4 inqs on my report, the last being from March 2009.  I scanned my report up and down, no changes other than a longer history. 

Strange. Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 5
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I scanned my report up and down, no changes other than a longer history. 

Strange. Smiley Sad

Did your AAoA just change to 3 years exactly, or have you been at 3 years for a while? A bucket change caused by a 3  year AAoA birthday could be responsible. In any event It is more likely that you  are in a different bucket (with derogs). In any case the score drop could be caused by a change in reporting balances.

Message Edited by CreditAble on 09-13-2009 01:03 AM
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm now a hawk on all my credit details.  Two account balances changed, both decreased (auth loan + student loan).  Puzzling... the only reason I'm concerned is because there has been a steady increase over the past year.  In 6 months I will be going down the house buying road. 
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.