Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score drops after 90 day late removed?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Score drops after 90 day late removed?

So my score on EQ dropped 5 points this morning after MyFICO alerted me that my report had changed. I looked and it was a 90 day late payment that First Progress removed.

Is it normal for the score to drop due to that?

Thanks,
Josh
5 REPLIES 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Score drops after 90 day late removed?

Impossible to say without reviewing the entire credit report before and after the score change, as other factors may have occured that effect scoing.  

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is what it says

Company First Progress

Balance $0

Past due Not Reported

Status Pays Account As Agreed

Last activity 02/01/18

Description Consumer disputes reinvestigation in progress.
Then changed to Closed or paid account/zero balance credit card
Message 3 of 6
marty56
Super Contributor

Did you dispute the late which lead to it being removed or did it really drop off though either time or goodwill?

If it fell off after aging off or goodwill, you may have gotten rebucketed also I will assume the account still shows on your CR and is open.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was disputed which then lead to the removal.

The account was closed by credit grantor but now reads as just closed.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your score didn't drop do to the removal of the 90 day late.  You simply received an alert, which generated a new score, but the new score has nothing to do with that late being removed.

Do you have other negative items present on your credit report still?  I'm assuming you do, otherwise your score would have shot up something to the tune of 60-80 points.  That being said, if you do have other negatives present, it's not uncommon to see little to no score gain from having a single negative removed.  It's therefore much more likely that something else caused your score drop, such as a slight change in utilization that was simply realized due to new scores being generated as a result of the alert.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.