Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score effect of inquires

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Score effect of inquires

Good information and nice to know that there is no tapering effect and the score will adjust at the 1 year mark. 

I have 19 accounts on my report that yield a 7.5 year AAoA.  If I had 3 new CC's, my AAoA would drop to 6.5 years.  Research tells me that each of the 3 CC's I'm looking to get will result in only 1 HP on 1 bureau with a end result of 1 additional HP on each bureau (the cards each pull from a different bureau).  I only have 1 HP on each bureau now, so that'll raise me to 2 HP's total on each bureau with a 1 year drop in my AAoA.  Venture to guess approximately how many points my scores will drop as a result of this?

Message 21 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for two rentals within a month. Both TU hard pulls. How will FICO respond? Total 4 HPs, one about to drop off, current TU FICO 717.
Message 22 of 26
Appleman
Valued Contributor

buffett,

It would be a guess. I would recommend that you sign-up for 1/all of the following:

wallethub

credit karma

credit sesame

Each will give you your TU Vantage 3.0 score. While not a FICO score it will help you track that report (and equifax with CK) for free.

You receive an alert when there is a change in the file including credit pulls.

Message 23 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Score dropped 5 points to 712.  I don't know if both pulls were counted.  EQ and EX not affected.  EX at 707, EQ not known.  4,5,4 hp's registering.  1 scheduled to fall of TU, 2 off EQ in the next few months.   No hard pulls planned indefinitely.  $40K available credit on 6 credit cards, 1 charge card (AMEX senior gold).  Trying to get a student loan dischagred because of disability.  Still in grace period.

Message 24 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Spot on.  I had numerous inquiries and some didn't make it the full 2 years.  My Ex & EQ are still up there a bit but nothing like they were.  I was down to 4 on TU.  Seems that some only lasted 16-18 months.  

Message 25 of 26
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

@Appleman wrote:

buffett,

It would be a guess. I would recommend that you sign-up for 1/all of the following:

wallethub

credit karma

credit sesame

Each will give you your TU Vantage 3.0 score. While not a FICO score it will help you track that report (and equifax with CK) for free.

You receive an alert when there is a change in the file including credit pulls.

Consider credit.com as well - it provides a report summary based on Experian and gives you credit scores based on your EX data for VantageScore 3.0 and Experian's National Equivalency model.

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.