Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score effects of 1 year with no credit apps

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Score effects of 1 year with no credit apps

pappie23 wrote:

You say you should open a herd of new CCs so you can get a bump to your score, will that actually work? And if so how many new CCs should you open fpr that year?

Wait, where did you get that? Not from this thread, I don't think...

eta: Ah, I see. llecs, tsk tsk! Smiley Very Happy
Opening new accounts in a judicious manner can help your credit profile. But you need to know what the gaps and weaknesses are in your credit, so that you know what will be useful.

If you haven't already, please read these:

Credit Scoring 101 (at any rate, the first post)

Understanding Your FICO Score (pdf booklet)

After you read these, please feel free to post back with a summary of your present credit, the good, the bad, and the ugly, and we might be able to give you some ideas for your next moves.

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 12-14-2008 10:38 AM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 11 of 14
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

pappie23 wrote:

You say you should open a herd of new CCs so you can get a bump to your score, will that actually work? And if so how many new CCs should you open fpr that year?

Doing that will tank your scores.
Message 12 of 14
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

llecs wrote:
I love 1 yr account anniversaries. Maybe I should open a herd of new CCs so I can have a bump this time next year too. Smiley Tongue
Pappie23, llecs had his tongue firmly planted in his cheek when he wrote that post. He was trying to be funny. Notice, I say trying...J/K llecs--love ya man. Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 14
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

ByrdMan wrote:

llecs wrote:
I love 1 yr account anniversaries. Maybe I should open a herd of new CCs so I can have a bump this time next year too. Smiley Tongue
Pappie23, llecs had his tongue firmly planted in his cheek when he wrote that post. He was trying to be funny. Notice, I say trying...J/K llecs--love ya man. Smiley Very Happy

Ahhh....I feel the love!
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.