Score fell, not sure why

tag
JoshSF

Score fell, not sure why

On 9/15, CCT reported that my FICO score fell 13 points Smiley Sad 

So here's what's been happening:

7/14/17 — applied for and was approved for my two Chase cards

7/29/17 — chase began reporting one of the cards

7/31/17 — utilization on my cap one card jumped to 57% (co-account holder had some unexpected expenses, working to get that card paid off and closed)

8/3/17 — credit report generated on this date had Exp score of 754

8/8/17 — chase began reporting the other card

Today, 9/20 — Exp score is 733. The only thing CCT says is hurting my score is "Installment balances – The remaining balance on your mortgage or non-mortgage installment loans is too high." 

I don't understand. My installment balance is only going lower each month. Surely it has to be something else? But CCT isn't pointing to it? 

7/17: EX 750, TU 741, EQ 716
AAoA = 12.7yrs (Exp), 13.6 years (TU/Eq)

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Score fell, not sure why

The only thing I see is that between when you got your previous score and your current (lower) score is that your second Chase account reported.  That said, you may have crossed an AAoA threshold when that happened and you also have a "new account" being seen.  Other than that, the only other thing that may have influenced your score would be your utilization.

Message 2 of 3
JoshSF

Re: Score fell, not sure why

I found a way to get CCT to refresh all 3 reports, and voila... the issue seems to be higher credit utilization! 

7/17: EX 750, TU 741, EQ 716
AAoA = 12.7yrs (Exp), 13.6 years (TU/Eq)

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.