cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score goes up with "accounts with balances" message.

tag
asanch12
Contributor

Score goes up with "accounts with balances" message.

so i had a school loan go into repayment and my score went up like 12 points.  is that typical? when i checked SW it gave me the "accounts with balances" message. i have two more accounts going into repayment this month, could i expect my score to increase? 
Message Edited by asanch12 on 02-23-2010 10:32 AM
Message Edited by asanch12 on 02-23-2010 10:32 AM

Starting Score: 665
Current Score: 688
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Score goes up with "accounts with balances" message.

asanch12 wrote:
so i had a school loan go into repayment and my score went up like 12 points.  is that typical? when i checked SW it gave me the "accounts with balances" message. i have two more accounts going into repayment this month, could i expect my score to increase? 
I've searched, but I can't find any evidence that 'deferred' or in 'repayment' statuses would impact your score. Have you had any other changes to your credit reports? If you had any baddies, did you have any to fall off? Have any of your accounts had birthdays? Have updated, lower, balances reported for any of your revolving accounts?
Message 2 of 3
asanch12
Contributor

Re: Score goes up with "accounts with balances" message.

thanks for taking the time to look.  i havent had anything happen, other than my schools loans going into repayment.  hmmm..ok, thanks again! 

Starting Score: 665
Current Score: 688
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.