Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score has not moved!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Score has not moved!

Hi everyone, while I am not new to myfico, I am new to this forum and I must say glad they created this one.
I have a question, I am an authorized user and all of the cards are reporting my by girfriends score keeps fluctuating, but my score is not moving.  Why is that.  It says score unchanged.  Right now she is at a 671, we just closed one card that was unsecured. So what do I need to do to have my score move up?
Please help, any advice will be appreciated.  BTW I have 1 pd judgement, 1 unpd judgement, 2 collection accounts with balances and 1 pd collection account due to be deleted soon.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Score has not moved!

The collections and public records are definitely acting as a ceiling on your scores, but there should be room for improvement even with those on there.

What is it that is fluctuating on your GF's accounts? --the balances? As I'm sure you know, the utilization (util) on credit cards carries a lot of weight in your scores. If the two of you can get all her cards paid off, and only allow one or two to report a small balance, that will help both your scores.

Not every change in util triggers a score change. There seem to be ranges of util, and unless yours moves from one range to another, there won't be a score range. We're piecing this together from members' reports, but it looks like under (not at) 10%, maybe under 20%, under 30%, under 50%, and under 85% or so, which is considered maxed out.

So if the util on a card changes from 32% to 48% to 30%, there probably won't be a score change, since it didn't cross over to under 30%, or into the 50% and above range.

Anyway, if you can post back with more detail, that would really help with feedback.

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 07-26-2008 08:38 AM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.