Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score impact of going from 89% util to <10%

tag
rom828
Established Contributor

Re: Score impact of going from 89% util to <10%

@llecs wrote:

However, to date, Lending Club still has yet to report and they didn't hit me up with an inquiry (but did a soft the day I applied). Time will tell. The first due date is at the end of August. I

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited to delete my Lending Club questions which sort of hijacked this post!  I read other forum posts about LC  and went on line for more info.  Sorry for the interruption!

FICOS: TU 732(05-16-16) EQ '08 739( 05-16-16) EX 737 (08-17-16)
Message 21 of 62
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@llecs wrote:

UPDATE...

I'm in the home stretch now with 3 TLs (well, really 2, because one is Macys with no CL listed) left to update. For the past many days I have updated the first post showing the changes to util in relation to changes to score. The three remaining cards are CapOne 822/1000 and that should update starting on Tuesday, 1460/1500 for Juniper and that should update starting the 4th. Finally Macys has a $600 balance and that should update on the 5th, but isn't factored into util. As of today, my util is less than 1% once everything reports with balances only on Amex and $25 on Discover.

As you can see, the scores went up by a fair amount. Despite TU dropping 75% to date, the increase was a lot less than I thought it would at 65 points. Now I'm not complaining any, but I thought the change would be more. Conversely, EQ went above and beyond. 111 points for 72% less in util is a lot more than I thought it would be.

I'll post a final update later this week.

Any update, Ilecs? I can't stand the suspense.Smiley Happy

Message 22 of 62
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Alas, this morning EQ updated, or rather CapOne updated on EQ. With a zero balance, EQ went to 774. It shows 9% util and still waiting on Junny. Once updated util goes to under 1%. I'll update the first post later as I am on vacation and using an iphone is a challenge. Btw for entertainment purposes, eq plus is at 698.
Message 23 of 62
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

"Alas"? Heck, any time EQ updates anything at all is an occasion for celebration! Smiley Very Happy

Grats on the lovely 774, and enjoy your vacation.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 24 of 62
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Ilecs, 774, Yay!!!!!

Message 25 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

Way to go!  A great lesson in keeping amounts owed in installment rather than revolving territory.  I'm amazed at the score impact.

Message 26 of 62
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Finished EQ today! TU should update by tomorrow and I'll give a play-by-play analysis tomorrow evening, assuming Junny does update on TU by then.

Message 27 of 62
UtahTiger
Valued Member

Isn't this costing you a lot of money checking your scores so often? Although if my score was going up so fast I would be checking it too!  Congrats!

Starting Score: TU 630... EQ 630....EX FAKO 637
Current Score: TU 736... EQ 770....EX FACO 779
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 28 of 62
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@UtahTiger wrote:

Isn't this costing you a lot of money checking your scores so often? Although if my score was going up so fast I would be checking it too!  Congrats!

The key to charging these FICO reports is to take your CC bill and toss it. They way you'll never know the damage. Smiley Wink

Joking aside, I pay the same price as everyone else. I spend $10.95/EQ report (discount due to being a SW subscriber) and pay $11 and change for TU after using a discount code (google is a great source. So is Twitter (hint)).

Plus, this will never happen again. I pray my util will never hit 80%+ again. Plus, I'll know cause and relationship per points because I already have a baseline to draw from.

Message 29 of 62
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

@llecs wrote:

Finished EQ today! TU should update by tomorrow and I'll give a play-by-play analysis tomorrow evening, assuming Junny does update on TU by then.

Looking forward to it!

Message 30 of 62
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.