Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Score impact of going from 89% util to <10%

No hard on TU and no TL on any report. What is with LC???Smiley Indifferent

Credit Profile - FICO 08 Scores (03-26-2015): EQ 814, EX 817, TU 822
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 27 years ~ AAoA: 13 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: TU 1

Credit Cards: Amex BCP ~ Amex Clear ~ Amex Platinum ~ Barclay Ring World Mastercard ~ Chase Freedom Signature Visa ~ CITI Dividend World Mastercard ~ FIA Fidelity Investment Platinum Visa ~ First Hawaiian Bank Gold Visa
Moderator Emeritus

fused wrote:

No hard on TU and no TL on any report. What is with LC???Smiley Indifferent

I can't complain! Smiley Very Happy

Moderator Emeritus

I suppose you're right!Smiley Happy

Credit Profile - FICO 08 Scores (03-26-2015): EQ 814, EX 817, TU 822
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 27 years ~ AAoA: 13 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: TU 1

Credit Cards: Amex BCP ~ Amex Clear ~ Amex Platinum ~ Barclay Ring World Mastercard ~ Chase Freedom Signature Visa ~ CITI Dividend World Mastercard ~ FIA Fidelity Investment Platinum Visa ~ First Hawaiian Bank Gold Visa
Regular Contributor

llecs wrote:

Well, with 15 new TLs added within the past 3 yrs, I'd had some time to think about it. LOL. Hopefully the new TL reporting won't coincide with a balance update.

Holly C**p!! That's roughtly a new one every 2 months?

How did you manage it?

You must be tending to your garden Smiley Wink

Kudos,

Moderator Emeritus

GordonShumway wrote:

llecs wrote:

Well, with 15 new TLs added within the past 3 yrs, I'd had some time to think about it. LOL. Hopefully the new TL reporting won't coincide with a balance update.

Holly C**p!! That's roughtly a new one every 2 months?

How did you manage it?

You must be tending to your garden Smiley Wink

Kudos,

I started with a bunch of baddies and 0 CCs. I actually added 17, but closed my first two last year (Credit One and Orchard), dropping it to 15. I opened my first 7 (including the two now closed) within the first 4 or so months of repair/rebuilding (Macys, Bloomingdales, Credit One, Orchard (partially secured), Target, BofA (partially secured), and Junny). 8-9 months later, I opened National City (now PNC). By 12-14 months, I opened HSBC Direct, Macys#2, Macys#3, and Wachovia. At 18 months, I opened CapOne. At nearly two years, I opened Amex, Discover, and Penfed LOC. Finally my last was a sucker card for a BB store card and that was at 2.5 yrs. I've been app free since December and plan to hang up the trigger finger for a while.

Managing them is relatively easy. I religiously check my balances every 7-10 days and keep a spreadsheet. I pay 1x per week on Mondays and pay all the CCs that are due up to the following Monday. I study that spreadsheet several times per week and had always kept around 1/2 of the balances at $0. Because of DSNB's actions and the CLs, I stopped using the MAcys and Bloomies so 4 will die a natural death. I don't care any. Target hasn't been used in months now so that's on the way out. Same goes for Junny, CapOne, and BofA. I plan to scale back to Amex, Discover, Wachovia (now WF), PNC, Penfed, and will keep open a store card for good measure. After we get a mortgage, then I'll look at a CU somewhere other than Penfed.

TMI...but writing these goals helps me, IMO.

great! thanks for the info-it has been very educational for me!

Regular Contributor

whenever I have a $0 balance on a CC and I use that card and it reports a balance, my score goes up a few points.  this is so confusing.

Moderator Emeritus

kal9988 wrote:

whenever I have a $0 balance on a CC and I use that card and it reports a balance, my score goes up a few points.  this is so confusing.

Is that your only CC?

Regular Contributor

nope, I have 4 CCs plus one store CC. 2 are 90% until, the other 3 stay low (i try to keep a small balance on each)

Valued Contributor

Only now reading this thread but it's incredible how quickly your TU/EQ went up just by lowering your UTL.

In My Wallet:
AMEX BCE, Citi Forward, Chase Freedom

In My Sockdrawer:
AMEX Clear, Citi Platinum Select, US Bank Platinum, J.Crew

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.