Moderator Emeritus
fused

Re: Score impact of going from 89% util to <10%

No hard on TU and no TL on any report. What is with LC???:smileyindifferent:

Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (09-16-2014): EQ 824, EX 817, TU 822
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26+ years ~ AAoA: 12 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1 (Amex 07-15-2014)

Moderator Emeritus
llecs

fused wrote:

No hard on TU and no TL on any report. What is with LC???:smileyindifferent:

I can't complain! :smileyvery-happy:

Moderator Emeritus
fused

I suppose you're right!:smileyhappy:

Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (09-16-2014): EQ 824, EX 817, TU 822
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26+ years ~ AAoA: 12 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1 (Amex 07-15-2014)

Regular Contributor
GordonShumway

llecs wrote:

Well, with 15 new TLs added within the past 3 yrs, I'd had some time to think about it. LOL. Hopefully the new TL reporting won't coincide with a balance update.

Holly C**p!! That's roughtly a new one every 2 months?

How did you manage it?

You must be tending to your garden :smileywink:

Kudos,

Moderator Emeritus
llecs

GordonShumway wrote:

llecs wrote:

Well, with 15 new TLs added within the past 3 yrs, I'd had some time to think about it. LOL. Hopefully the new TL reporting won't coincide with a balance update.

Holly C**p!! That's roughtly a new one every 2 months?

How did you manage it?

You must be tending to your garden :smileywink:

Kudos,

I started with a bunch of baddies and 0 CCs. I actually added 17, but closed my first two last year (Credit One and Orchard), dropping it to 15. I opened my first 7 (including the two now closed) within the first 4 or so months of repair/rebuilding (Macys, Bloomingdales, Credit One, Orchard (partially secured), Target, BofA (partially secured), and Junny). 8-9 months later, I opened National City (now PNC). By 12-14 months, I opened HSBC Direct, Macys#2, Macys#3, and Wachovia. At 18 months, I opened CapOne. At nearly two years, I opened Amex, Discover, and Penfed LOC. Finally my last was a sucker card for a BB store card and that was at 2.5 yrs. I've been app free since December and plan to hang up the trigger finger for a while.

Managing them is relatively easy. I religiously check my balances every 7-10 days and keep a spreadsheet. I pay 1x per week on Mondays and pay all the CCs that are due up to the following Monday. I study that spreadsheet several times per week and had always kept around 1/2 of the balances at $0. Because of DSNB's actions and the CLs, I stopped using the MAcys and Bloomies so 4 will die a natural death. I don't care any. Target hasn't been used in months now so that's on the way out. Same goes for Junny, CapOne, and BofA. I plan to scale back to Amex, Discover, Wachovia (now WF), PNC, Penfed, and will keep open a store card for good measure. After we get a mortgage, then I'll look at a CU somewhere other than Penfed.

TMI...but writing these goals helps me, IMO.

prettyricky

great! thanks for the info-it has been very educational for me!

Regular Contributor
kal9988

whenever I have a $0 balance on a CC and I use that card and it reports a balance, my score goes up a few points.  this is so confusing.

Moderator Emeritus
llecs

kal9988 wrote:

whenever I have a $0 balance on a CC and I use that card and it reports a balance, my score goes up a few points.  this is so confusing.

Is that your only CC?

Regular Contributor
kal9988

nope, I have 4 CCs plus one store CC. 2 are 90% until, the other 3 stay low (i try to keep a small balance on each)

Valued Contributor
ptr2593

Only now reading this thread but it's incredible how quickly your TU/EQ went up just by lowering your UTL.

In My Wallet:
AMEX BCE, Citi Forward, Chase Freedom

In My Sockdrawer:
AMEX Clear, Citi Platinum Select, US Bank Platinum, J.Crew

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}