Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score increase for aging accounts

tag
tcham54687
New Contributor

Score increase for aging accounts

I have 5 inquiries and 4 new accounts that I opened in May. (Yeah, I know, dumb move for FICO scoring) Well the inquiries and accounts all went over 3 months today and I received this note from Scorewatch:

Negative Factors

The following 1 negative factor(s) are not hurting your score as much as before:

• You have recently been seeking credit or other services, as reflected by the number of inquiries posted on your credit file in the last 12 months
My EQ FICO increased 15pts as a result of this aging, nothing else on my report changed. Will I see another increase at the 6 or 9 month point?
APR 25, 2008 FICO TU:668/EX:654/EQ:642
Jun 05, 2008 FICO TU:698/EX:697/EQ:709
Aug 01, 2008 FICO TU:724/EX:741/EQ:749
Mar 15, 2013 Fico TU 725/EX 677/EQ/735 (EX has a $60 collection...#$%^ me)
Apr 7, 2013 FICO TU 756/EX 747/EQ 771
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Score increase for aging accounts

I would expect the major gain to come from the aging, and then dropping, of the affect of the inquiries after 12 months.  Account aging is not so rapid. 
Depend upon the prognosticator, inquiries can affect you for up to ten points each for the first year, or only a couple of points each.  But regardless of the view upon aging of the inquiries, they will drop to zero at 12 months.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Score increase for aging accounts

@tcham54687 wrote:
My EQ FICO increased 15pts as a result of this aging

Yes you are correct. However this increase is more of a bounce back than a gain. When you applied for all these accounts and got them you lowered your score. Now they are not hurting as much so you got some of the loss back. Smiley Wink However in most cases in time you will further be rewarded for them as they gain history and age. In the long run more than likely you will have a higher stronger score. Smiley Happy I suspect you won't see too many changes until 9 more months unless you were lacking the history on your CRs which then you will also see a jump in 3 months. That's pretty much it. After that just a point here and there from history and more age. But most of the gain will come with in the first 18 months.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.