Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score increase question?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Score increase question?

Since I finally took the bull by the horns and started fixing my credit my scores have changed.  but now I wonder how much they will totally change.  It was great in a matter of 6 days I had a 23 point increase in my Equifax FICO I was stoked.  But I use my one cc for everything now my balance changes every day.  Hoe eill this affect my score?  I am paying off all other cc's and have a fitness card with a $2400 limit that I owe $1600 on but all the other cc's will have zero balances. I also am disputing all inquiries on all the reports that are not mine and also a collection I paid (they told me to pay it and then dispute it they won't respond so it will delete)  Is it possible to have my scores up to the mid 600's by May? We are looking to get a new home and I want to be above 620 by May.

Scores 2/1/2009 TU 513 EX 491 EQ 513

3/16/2009 TU 532 EX 549 EQ 563

it is really working hopefully all 620 and above by May

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Score increase question?

Hi, j_c, welcome to the forums!

You card(s) should only update once a month, generally on the statement date, reporting the balance that shows on that statement. So it doesn't matter about ups and downs through the month; just what gets reported.

If you haven't already, please read Understanding Your FICO ® Score and Credit Scoring 101 (at least the first post.)

These will give you the background knowledge you need to understand what you read here on the forums.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.