Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score increase!

tag
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: Score increase!

okrogius wrote:
Your account is put in a pool of similar individuals per se (e.g. those with a recent bk, individuals starting out credit, etc etc). What likely happened is you moved from one pool to another. This means you'll be able to get overall better scores in this newer pool, although there is a small change like this because of how you look in this new pond as a small fish as opposed to a big fish in the previous smaller pond.

Pools, buckets, lots of names for them.  They do appear to exist!  Smiley Happy

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 21 of 24
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

masdeocho wrote:

There are a host of other factors at work here.  Do you know about the "bucket" factor?  Everyone is not considered equally for score calculation.  We are all in "buckets" - for example (I'm making this up, I don't know the exact parameters), there's one with people who filed BK within the past 5 years; there's one with people with 3 or more chargeoffs in the past 3 years; etc, etc.

Sometimes when you're sure your score should be improving, it goes down instead.  This is because you went from the top of the heap of people in your bucket, graduated into a higher bucket, and now your credit is not as good in relation to those people in your new bucket.  Does this make any sense??  Again, time heals credit wounds. Smiley Happy

Here is the Bucket version!!

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 22 of 24
inzaghi
Valued Member

My TU score is 677..I started at 570 I think at the beginning of the year..

I opened up a few credit cards and started paying them on time..Thanks to everyone for the good advice that you dish out here.

Even a tax lien dropped off off TU and EX . don't know why beacsue the statute of limitation hasn't expired.

Who cares!!!

Thanks to you all!!
Message 23 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratullations.....any increase is better than none. Yippie!!!
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.